December 1, 2023!
December 1, 2023!
Choose Ohio First (COF) Scholarship for Engineering Majors
What is Choose Ohio First?
Choose Ohio First (COF) is an initiative put forth by the Ohio Department of Higher Education to bolster support for the next generation of Ohio STEMM scholars and industry leaders.
COF awards competitive scholarship funding to Ohio’s colleges and universities to support undergraduate and qualifying graduate students in innovative academic programs.
Who is eligible?
- Undergraduate Ohio residents or Ohio residents returning to Ohio for graduate school after completing undergraduate studies in other states or countries.
- Scholars enrolled in full-time study (more than 12 hours) or part-time study (less than 12 hours).
- First-year students only (first-time degree-seeking at MTC) at the date of initial COF cohort awards (subsequent years of funding are possible, provided scholars maintain compliance with program requirements and funding continues through Marion Technical College).
- Students must major in one of MTC’s eligible major COF programs of study: Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology-Alternative Energy Option, Smart Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Robotics & Automation Engineering Technology, Smart Manufacturing Certificate, Robotics & Automation Engineering Technology Certificate, and Business Management – Supply Chain/Logistics Management Option.
- Former College Credit Plus (CCP) students are welcome to apply.
COF Scholarship Awards
All recipients who maintain eligibility will receive:
- A minimum of $1500 per academic year towards an associate’s degree. A minimum of $500 per academic year towards a certificate program. No refund checks from Choose Ohio First scholarship money will be issued. The maximum award per academic year will be $5,000.
- A first-dollar scholarship covers the cost of tuition and fees.
- Support from all areas of the college including career services, tutoring, advising, the Sherpa Program, and special meetings for the cohort.
What are the requirements?
To maintain eligibility, students must:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0
- Be enrolled in an Engineering-specific major (listed above).
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Meet with an advisor during the first year.
- Meet once per term as a cohort for educational activities and professional development.
- Engage in work-based learning.
Choose Ohio First Essay Requirements
All applicants must submit a 150-500 word essay addressing the question:
“What’s next for you and the world of Engineering?”
Explain how receiving the Choose Ohio First Scholarship will help you achieve your career goals in the manufacturing/engineering field. Also, indicate which engineering technology program you are most interested in as well as what type of position and sector of engineering you would potentially like to work in after graduation.
Choose Ohio First Program Application & Essay
The Scholarship Deadline for Choose Ohio First Scholarship is December 1, 2023.
You must also complete and meet the requirements listed above. Apply Now!
You must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Results must be received by MTC prior to July 1.