External Certification Preparation
About the program
This is not an MTC degree or certificate. It is suggested courses that will prepare students for specific external certification.
Industry-recognized information technology certifications are an important way of documenting the achievement of hardware and/or software skills. Certifications are externally constructed tests – many with worldwide standing – that are often used in initial hiring and in-house promotion procedures. These certifications often require continued professional training and testing.
These certifications often require continued professional training and testing.
This is not an MTC degree or certificate. It is suggested courses that will prepare students for specific “External” Certification.
Occupational Certification Opportunities
MTC offers courses to help prepare students to take certain certification exams. Listed below are blocks of courses associated with various certification exams. Students completing these courses will be awarded corresponding college credit, which may be applied toward a Computer Information Technology associate degree program. MTC also operates a testing center to facilitate completion of a variety of exams. Courses offered in the Information Technologies department prepare students to take exams for the following external certifications:
- Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- CompTIA A+
- Cisco® Certified Entry Level Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco® Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA)
- Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT®)
- Certified Premise Cabling Technician (CPCT)
- Help Desk Specialists
- Network Administrators
- Computer Technicians
- Network Specialists
- Technical Sales
- Technology Coordinators
- MTC Application for Admission and nonrefundable applicable fee.
- Final high school transcript (or GED results) and college transcripts (if applicable).
- Successful completion of the Basic Skills Assessment (ACCUPLACER) and Technology Skills Test (TST) is required. Any college foundation courses recommended by placement assessment results are also required.