New Student Orientation
Welcome to New Student Orientation!
We are so excited to have you join the MTC community! Did you know that just by attending orientation you are improving your overall odds of reaching graduation? Great job taking this important first step in your college journey! New Student Orientation is required for all new degree or certificate-seeking students to MTC, including former CCP students and transfer students. It is optional for returning students who were previously enrolled in a degree program at MTC (excluding former CCP).
What is New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation is an event designed to get you ready to start college. In addition to the stuff everyone worries about (where are my classes? how do I get my student ID card?) we are also going to help you learn about campus resources, college expectations, and navigating your college experience. We know that starting college for the first time, or coming back after a while, can be a scary experience. New Student Orientation can take away some of that fear. Our goal is to help you feel ready to start on the first day of classes, and of course, help you #GetToNext.
New Student Orientation is available both in-person and online to meet your needs.
During our in-person orientation program, you will:
- Meet with academic program directors, staff, and other students in your major
- Learn about academic requirements and college expectations
- Learn about campus resources and meet the staff who can support you in college
- Learn about financial aid and additional resources to help you plan and pay for college
- Access and navigate your MyMTC accounts in a hands-on session
- Have an opportunity to speak with academic advisors and financial aid counselors
- Get your Student ID card
- Go on a campus tour
The in-person program is highly recommended for any student taking classes on campus or students who want a more personalized experience. We have both morning and afternoon half-day programs available for each major.
When is In-Person New Student Orientation?
Spring 2024 New Student Orientation will be held on Thursday, December 14th from 1:30-5:30pm. Click here to register
Our online program is a great alternative to the in-person program if your schedule does not allow you to make it to campus or you are completing a fully online program. The online program can be done from home at any time that is convenient for you. During the online program, you will learn about academic expectations and requirements, campus resources, opportunities to get involved on campus, financial aid, and using My MTC.
Please note the in-person sessions are STRONGLY encouraged if you are a first-time college student or if you are interested in a program that requires in-person courses since you will spend time on campus.
New Student Orientation will be occurring in and around the MTC buildings, which are physically accessible. If any attendee with a disability would like to request accommodations in order to participate in the Orientation (i.e. Braille, large print, interpreters, captioning, etc.), those can be requested on the orientation registration form, or you can contact the Disability Services office at DS@mtc.edu or phone at 740-386-4222 with the request.
Important Info for In-Person Programs:
- Each program has limited capacity due to room capacity requirements. Registration is first-come, first-serve. If a program is full, we may not be able to accept additional registrations or walk-ins. Advance registration is required.
- Students are limited to bringing up to two guests due to room capacity requirements. Guests may not be able to participate in the hands-on MyMTC session in the computer labs due to space limitations, but they can participate in all other sessions and tours.
- All programs will start in the Health Technologies Center (HTC) Auditorium (Room 103). Students and guests can park in the student lots adjacent to the HTC building (#5 and #6 on the campus map; HTC is building #8).
Advising Office Hours
- Monday: 8am-5pm
- Tuesday: 8am-7pm (close at 5:00 when classes are not in session)
- Wednesday: 8am-5pm
- Thursday: 8am-5pm
- Friday: 8am-4pm