Get to Next Student Scholars Program
A unique scholarship program designed for what’s next.
MTC’s exclusive Get To Next Scholars Program covers the cost of tuition* for qualified applicants during the second academic year of degree completion. Time and time again, research shows that earning a college degree opens more doors to employment opportunities and improves income potential over a lifetime, both of which provide degree holders with more options in life. At Marion Technical College, we provide the path for our students to get to next. And this scholarship is designed to ensure our students complete their goal to complete their degree. The number of scholarships available will be limited and determined by available funds.
Application Requirements for Get to Next Scholars Program
- A 2.5 or higher GPA in high school.
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Results must be received by MTC by May 1.
- Complete this application, including the Get to Next Scholars Program essay, in addition to your MTC application for admission.
To maintain eligibility recipients must:
- Be enrolled in a non-limited enrollment program¹ at Marion Technical College and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher for the entirety of their time at MTC with no more than two “FN” or “W” grades.
- Complete at least 30 hours of college-level courses² in their first three semesters (fall, spring, summer). If more than 30 hours are completed, the scholarship still only begins at start of the second academic year of degree completion.
- Complete a program of study degree within the next four semesters, up to 35 credit hours of college-level courses². Tuition costs for any semesters beyond four, or more than 65 total credit hours, will be paid for by the student.
- Meet once per term as a cohort to learn about the services available to them at MTC.
- Meet with an advisor and have sign-off of schedule each semester.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
- Apply no more than 6 hours of transfer or alternative credit towards the 30 hours required in the first three semesters. All credits earned in CCP courses will count towards the required 30 hours in the first academic year.
Get to Next Scholarship Awards
All recipients who maintain eligibility will receive:
- $100.00 book voucher in each of their first three semesters, $300.00 maximum.
- A last dollar scholarship covering the cost of tuition* for their second academic year (four semesters or 35 hours).
- Support from all areas of the college including Career Services, Tutoring, Advising, the Sherpa Program, and special meetings for the cohort.
Financial Aid Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
For more information contact Financial Aid by phone at 740.389.4636 Ext. 4113 or E-mail