MTC – Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act
Marion Technical College – HEERF / CARES Fund Declaration – Updated December 7, 2020
Marion Technical College – HEERF II / CRRSAA Fund Declaration – March 29, 2021
HEERF II / CRRSAA Additional Emergency Funds Application
Follow the steps below to start the financial aid process.
Remember! You need to reapply for all grants, scholarships, and loans each academic year. The financial aid award year begins the fall term and runs through the next summer term.
Step 1: Submit your free FAFSA application
Visit http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ and use MTC’s federal school code: 010736. You must submit your application 30 days before the fee payment deadline.
Worksheets are available online or in the MTC Financial Aid Office if you need assistance. You or your parents may apply for a FSA ID while completing the FAFSA application if you haven’t already.
Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions
Step 2: Request an IRS tax return transcript
Visit http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript or call the IRS at (800) 908-9946.
Step 3: Apply for a Direct Student Loan
If you feel that you still need additional financial aid, you may apply for a Direct Loan. To be eligible for a loan you must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours. You are also required to complete an Entrance Counseling Exam covering the basics of federal student loans. We must have the results of your FAFSA and you must be enrolled before we will process your loan application. Applications are due 30 days prior to the fee payment deadline.
1) Financial Awareness Counseling– We recommend that you complete the Financial Awareness Counseling at the Direct Loan website to determine the amount you need to borrow and estimate your budget, etc.
2) Loan Request Form– REQUIRED. Print and complete a Loan Request Form and turn it into the Financial Aid Office. This form will let the Financial Aid Office know how much you would like to borrow and for which terms you are requesting the loan.
3) Entrance Counseling Exam– REQUIRED. Once you have completed the Loan Request Form you will need to log into the direct loan website to complete the UNDERGRADUATE Entrance Counseling Exam. ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE ENTRANCE COUNSELING EXAM
4) Master Promissory Note (MPN)– REQUIRED. Once you have completed your Entrance Counseling Exam, you will need to complete and electronically sign your Master Promissory Note (subsidized/unsubsidized loans). You must fill out an MPN before the school can certify a loan.
Your student loan will not be processed until you have:
1. Printed, completed and turned in a Loan Request Form,
2. Completed an Entrance Counseling Exam, and
3. Completed and signed your MPN.
Remember to reapply for all financial aid (grants, scholarships, loans) each academic year.
If you need assistance or would like to use one of the department’s laptops to complete any of these steps, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 740.389.4636 Ext 4113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to tell us how we are doing.
PLUS loans are federal loans that graduate or professional students and parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay for college or career school.
PLUS loans can help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid.
American Opportunity Tax Credit
For the first four years of higher education, eligible students can get up to $2,500 for qualified education expenses with the American Opportunity Tax Credit. Learn more about the American Opportunity Tax Credit.