- Academic Catalog
- Accuplacer Test
- Activities & Recreation
- Aspire/Basic Skills Brush-up
- Drug & Alcohol Prevention
- Financial Aid
- Health & Safety Services
- Maps & Parking
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Help
- Military & Veteran Students
- Office of Career Services
- Office of Student Disability Services
- Online Class Information
- Office of Student Records
- Student Handbook
- Severe Weather Policy
- Student Success
2020 Spring Commencement
On behalf of Marion Technical College, we are so proud of each one of you and we are looking forward to watching you walk across the stage this upcoming spring. If you have any questions, please reach out to Carey Wolf, Assistant Registrar at email@example.com or 740-386-4104 or email the Office of Student Records at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read all of the Graduation Information below.
SPRING COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY 2020
- When: Saturday May 9th
- Time: Graduation will start promptly at 10 am, main doors will open at 9 am.
- Where: Marion Palace Theatre
276 W. Center St.
Marion OH 43302
- Cell phones must be silenced throughout the duration of the ceremony. No flash photography.
- All guests will need to have a ticket to enter. This is open seating. All guests over the age of 2 years old must have a ticket in order to enter the theatre.
- Parking is located behind the theatre with access in the block before the theatre (Campbell St.) and also behind the County Office Bldg. Handicap parking is available with state placard on the west side of the Palace. Additional handicap parking is available behind the County Office building. Map for Palace Theatre Parking.
- A sign language interpreter will be located on the floor on the left hand side of the stage as you are looking at the stage. Ask the usher to direct you to that side for viewing.
- Limited wheelchair accessible seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Ask the usher to direct you to the seating. Companion seating directly adjacent may be limited to one companion with additional companions located in rows behind.
- Assistive listening devices are available. Contact Jenifer Montag at email@example.com or 740-386-4222.
- Any additional accommodations for guests or graduates with disabilities can be addressed by contacting Office of Student Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenifer Montag as early as possible in order to make any necessary arrangements.
The college will also hold a graduation expo, which is your one-stop source for all of your graduation needs. Graduation Expo will be held on March 12th 10am to 1pm and 4pm to 6pm in Bryson Hall Student Lounge for upcoming graduates.
PREPARING FOR GRADUATION
- Two terms before you plan to graduate, you are strongly encouraged to meet with your
academic advisor to review your progress toward meeting all course requirements.
Before registering for your last term of enrollment, you must meet with your advisor to
ensure that you have fulfilled all of your degree or certificate requirements.
- Before the first week of the term before you intend to graduate, complete and submit the
online Petition for Graduation on the College website.
- If you would like assistance locating employment, contact Career Services.
- All financial obligations to the college must be paid prior to graduation. You must also complete an exit interview if you have accepted Stafford or Guaranteed Student Loans.
- Graduation procedures
Information will be sent to petitioners early in the spring term. A Canvas course announcement/invitation will be sent to the student’s MTC email for you to accept in February, and a mailing will go out in mid-March.
Four admission tickets are given to each graduate. All guest over the age of 2 years old must have a ticket in order to enter the theater.
- Parking is located behind the theatre with access in the block before the theatre (Campbell St.) and also behind the County Office Bldg. Map for Palace Theatre Parking.
- Graduation Rehearsal
Please login into Canvas to receive information regarding date and time.
- ADA Accommodations
Do you need any ADA accommodations for graduation, please reach out to Jenifer Montag at email@example.com
- Graduation procedures
Questions about petitioning to graduate, email the Office of Student Records at firstname.lastname@example.org
PETITIONING TO GRADUATE
To apply for graduation, you must meet with your academic advisor to make sure that you have met all degree or certificate requirements and fulfill all prior financial obligations and federal loan program requirements. Students must submit a petition online according to the published deadline for each term.
|Petition Due Dates for:||Deadline for students to petition to graduate:||Deadline for advisors to submit approvals:|
|SPRING||October 15||November 1|
|SUMMER||February 1||March 1|
|FALL||April 1||May 1|
Upon receipt of the petition, all students’ academic records are reviewed to verify completion of degree requirements and eligibility. The College Registrar will notify a student’s academic advisor of their ineligibility to graduate; the student will be notified directly by their academic advisor.
MEET WITH YOUR ADVISOR
If you have not already done so, schedule a meeting (face-to-face, by phone, or email) with your
“academic advisor” to review your degree plan to make sure that you are on track and have met the requirements for your desired degree program. If you are unsure who your advisor is, please call your program’s academic assistant at 740.389.4636, at the extension below:
- Vicki Weaver, Ext #4115, Office Bryson Hall 161C
(Business Technologies/ASAP/Information Technologies/Criminal Justice)
- Terri Martin, Ext #4014, Office Bryson Hall 161G
(Engineering Technologies, and HIT)
- Chelsea Adams, Ext #4132, Office Bryson Hall161B
(Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Human and Social Services)
- Darlene Lewis, Ext #4180, Office HTC 109
(Medical Sciences, and Nursing programs)
- Jessica McMaulley, Ext #4185, Office HTC 162
(PTA, OTA, Radiography and Sonography programs)
The graduation ceremony will take place each spring semester. Graduation is for completers only – those students who have completed all of their degree requirements by the end of that spring term. Students who still have classes remaining may not participate in the spring ceremony. If you complete your degree requirements during summer or fall term, you may participate in the subsequent spring graduation ceremony.
CAP and GOWN INFORMATION
MTC requires that all graduates wear a black cap and gown for commencement (not for rehearsal) with a tassel the color of the technology in which they are graduating.
These items can be borrowed from a friend, purchased at the Campus Bookstore, or from another vendor. Contact the Bookstore directly for availability and hours of operation. Their phone number is 740.725.6212.
Visit the Campus Bookstore so that you can personally see what the tassel colors should be if you choose to purchase them elsewhere. Marion Technical College has also placed a post on our Facebook page asking past graduates and alumni to donate their graduation gowns for students who cannot afford to purchase them.
Please contact Jessica McCaulley, located in the Health Building 162, or contact Jessie at email@example.com or 740.386.4185.
Please also consider donating your gowns to this program following commencement this year. You may leave them with a Graduation Planning Team member on the stage after the ceremony, or drop them off at MTC at your convenience.
Graduation procedures information will be sent to petitioners early in the spring term. A Canvas course announcement/invitation will be sent to the student’s MTC email for you to accept in February, and a mailing will go out in mid-March. The college will also hold a graduation expo, which is your one-stop source for all of your graduation needs. Graduation Expo will be held on March 12th 10am to 1pm and 4pm to 6pm in Bryson Hall Student Lounge for upcoming graduates.
GRADUATING WITH HONORS
If you graduate with an outstanding cumulative GPA, you will have the following academic distinction noted on your diploma and official transcript and will receive an honor cord to wear over their gown, and be eligible for other honors and awards.
- Summa Cum Laude (GPA 3.90-4.00)
- Magna Cum Laude (GPA 3.70-3.8999)
- Cum Laude (GPA 3.50-3.6999)