Welcome to MTC’s Employee
MTC’s mission is to provide accessible, quality education oriented toward employment and transfer opportunities for our students. The College focuses resources to create an environment of quality and support to assist students in attaining their highest accomplishments. Likewise, MTC provides a challenging workplace that hones individual skills, fosters teamwork, and supports both professional and personal development. You have been asked to join us at MTC because we believe you will contribute significantly in our continued growth toward achieving that success. We look forward to working with you.
Before you begin your employment, there are several employment forms that you will need to complete and submit. The Employment New Hire Packet, which you received from your hiring supervisor, will need to be completed and submitted to either your hiring supervisor or the Human Resources Department. As part of the packet you are to review several on-line documents that are linked below. To gain IT computer access you and your hiring supervisor will need to complete the three IT Computer Access forms linked below or found in your Employment New Hire Packet.
Your MTC e-mail, PowerCampus and Canvas accounts will not be activated until the following steps are complete. 1) documents listed below have been reviewed 2) Confidentiality Contract and IT User Registration forms are signed and on file in the HR Department 3) the hiring supervisor has submitted an Authorization for Access to MTC Resources form.
The above forms may be printed or you may use the copies found in your Employment New Hire Packet. Submit completed forms to your hiring supervisor in person, or by mail to the address found at the bottom of this page, or in rare cases New Hire Packet may be returned by fax at 740-725-4071, or you may scan the forms and attach them in an e-mail to your hiring supervisor. After these forms are submitted, watch your personal email account for notification that access is set up then contact the Help Desk Coordinator, Vickie Axline, at 740-389-4636 extension 4100 or 288 for log-on information and training. Computer accounts will not be activated until orientation items are completed and all required documentation is on file.
MTC email address = last name and first initial @ mtc.edu (example: John Smith = firstname.lastname@example.org)
Web-Based Employment Orientation:
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Training – Policy AP460 If you would like additional FERPA Training, please contact the Office of Student Records.
- Information Confidentiality & Security at MTC Training
- Student E-mail Records Retention Requirements
- Retention Schedule
- Policy #AP601 – Computer Software Usage
- Policy #AP602 – Use of MTC Electronic Media & Services
Additional Information to review:
- Mission, Vision & Values; Policy Book; Maps
- Policy #3357-10-1-45 – Title IX: Sex/Gender-Based Harassment, Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct
- Employment I-9 Eligibility Verification
- Clery Report
- Title IX Information
- Code of Responsibility for Security and Confidentiality of Records
- Adjunct Faculty Handbook (if applicable)
- Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security (Government Pension Offset)
- Ohio Ethics Law
- Policy #AP338 – MTC Tuition Benefits/ AP339 Tuition Reimbursement
- Active Shooter You Tube Video (5 minutes)
Human Resources Department
Marion Technical College
1467 Mt. Vernon Ave.
Marion, OH 43302
Marion Technical College provides equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, military status, or sexual orientation.
Several of the above links are in PDF format and will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer it is available at the following address:http://get.adobe.com/reader.