- Approximately 2,600 students are currently enrolled.
- Approximately 1,000 College Credit Plus students.
- More than 52,000 students have attended MTC since its founding in 1970.
- Average student age is 27.
- Student population is 64% female; 36% male.
- Nearly half of MTC students live in Marion County.
- More than half of MTC students attend part-time and 60% work while enrolled.
- Nearly 10% of MTC attend evening classes.
- Average class size of 24 students for lecture courses; 17 for lab courses.
- E-sports Varsity and Club
- Various clubs and organizations, intramural athletics, unique outdoor programs, recreational and common areas, a gymnasium, aerobics and weight room facilities, meeting rooms, and lounge areas.
- Variety of learning resources, including tutoring, disability services, computer labs, and more.
- School colors are blue and white.
- MTC provides more than $10 million in grants, scholarships, loans, and other college financial aid each year.
- Many MTC students are eligible for financial aid – grants, loans, and scholarships.
- Laboratory fees, textbooks, and supplies are in addition to tuition and fees.Tuition and Fees
Ohio Resident Non-Resident 1-12 Credit Hours . . . . $185 per Credit Hour 1-12 Credit Hours . . . . $265 per Credit Hour 13-18 Credit Hours . . . . $2405 Total 13-18 Credit Hours . . . .$3445 Total 19+ Credit Hours . . . ..$155 per Credit Hour 19+ Credit Hours . . . . $235 per Credit Hour
- MTC is a state-assisted technical college.
- One of 23 two-year public colleges in Ohio.
- MTC is an open admission institution, which means anyone with a high school diploma or GED can apply.
- Located on a 180-acre campus just east of the city of Marion on State Route 95.
- Campus includes the Bryson Hall/Technical Education Center, Health Technologies Building, Morrill Hall, Alber Student Center, Library/Classroom Building, and Maynard Hall.
- We share five buildings with The Ohio State University at Marion.
- Our campus library is part of The Ohio State University Library and the OhioLINK systems.
- The total library collection includes more than 5.5 million volumes.
- We award Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Business, Associate of Applied Science, and Associate of Technical Studies degrees in business, engineering, health, information, and public service technologies.
- We also offer one-year and short-term certificate programs. We have nearly 100 courses that are guaranteed to transfer to various university and college majors.
MTC offers a comprehensive set of training and testing solutions for incumbent workers.