(Marion) New names will be added to the Marion Technical College Alumni Hall of Fame on Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 6 p.m.
This year’s honorees include:
- Cynthia Hartman, Class of 1977, Director of Nursing at MTC
- Nathan Miller, Class of 2008, Operations Manager at the Nielsen Company
- Jean Obenour, Class of 1985, Owner of Custom Professional Accounting
- Robin Schelb, Class of 2013, Marion Regional Branch Supervisor, United Federal Credit Union
- Annette Walton, Class of 1980, Workforce Specialist at Ohio Means Jobs – Marion County
“These graduates exemplify excellence in their profession, give back to their communities, and provide shining examples of where a degree from MTC can take you,” said Dr. Ryan McCall, president of MTC.
In addition, the new state-of-the-art human anatomy and physiology lab will be opened in an official ribbon cutting ceremony. This 1,400 square foot classroom will include cadavers to enhance student learning. OhioHealth made a generous $100,000 donation to MTC to support the lab. In addition, OhioHealth will use the lab for physician and staff training.
The schedule for the evening includes:
- 6 p.m. – Appetizers and socializing in Bryson Hall
- 6:30 p.m. – Ribbon cutting ceremony and dedication of the Anatomy & Physiology Lab
- 7 p.m. – Alumni Hall of Fame inductions in the Health Technologies Center Auditorium
Please RSVP if you would like to attend the evening’s activities. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-386-4203.
Each honorees will receive a commemorative statue, have their names placed on the Alumni Hall of Fame plaque, and will select a book with meaning to them to be added to the Marion Campus Library. Each book will have a commemorative nameplate and a display featuring these books and the honorees will available in the spring.
A list of the past honorees is available here.