MTC Works! Career Services
Strong Interest Inventory online self-assessment tool
If you are a Marion Technical College prospective student, current student or alumni, you can now take the Strong Interest Inventory online! You will receive and review your results during an appointment.
Why use the Strong Interest Inventory?
- It will provide you with an outstanding summary print-out of your results
- It has solid statistical reliability and validity
- It is used nationally to assist in selecting a college major, regardless of where you attend.
- It will help you understand your interests in order to make a wise career or college major decision!
This computer-based assessment takes about 35 - 40 minutes to complete and contains 317 items that measure your interests in a wide range of occupations, occupational activities, hobbies, leisure activities and types of people.
You will receive a personalized “Strong Inventory results report” that identifies your optimum career choices based on your interest patterns and additional related occupations that match your profile. You may complete this inventory immediately without charge, until you receive your interpretation session.
- Click on the Strong Interest Inventory link HERE.
- Or copy and paste the URL to your browser: https://elevate.cpp.com/Respondent/
- Don't have an “Elevate account”? Select – “Sign up” to register in order to take the Strong Interest Inventory.
- Complete the registration process and retain your password.
- Respond to the demographics questions (optional).
- Complete the inventory.
- Respond to every item, work quickly answering the questions as spontaneously as possible. The right answer is how you most accurately feel about the answer. (Stress your “interest” and not your “ability level” for topics).
- After completing the inventory, click CONTINUE at the bottom of the page.
- AFTER you have completed the inventory, contact MTC Works! Career Services Career Services, 1467 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Marion, Ohio 43302 by calling 740 389-4636 ext. 4582 to schedule an appointment to receive and review your results. You may also send e-mail to email@example.com. Distance appointments to review your results with a career counselor are available over the phone or online through Skype.
- Please pay the Strong Interest Inventory fees before or at the time of receiving your results.
What does it cost?
The Strong Interest Inventory is offered to MTC prospective students, students and alumni. This nationally recognized assessment costs $ 5.00 for students and alumni and $10.00 for non-students. Make checks payable to Marion Technical College or pay directly at the MTC Business Office when you meet with a counselor.
To receive more detailed information on MTC Works! Career Services call 740.389.4636 ext. 317, 4582, or 4015 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax 740.725.0081.