MTC Works! Career Network
Strong Interest Inventory
online self assessment tool
If you are a Marion Technical College prospective student, current student or alumni, you can now take the Strong Interest Inventory online! You will receive your results during an appointment.
Why use the Strong Interest Inventory?
It will provide you with an outstanding summary print-out of your results
It has solid statistical reliability and validity
It is used nationally to assist students in selecting a college major
It will help you understand your interests in order to make a wise career or college major decision!
This computer-based assessment takes about 25- 35 minutes to complete and contains 317 items that measure your interests in a wide range of occupations, occupational activities, hobbies, leisure activities and types of people.
Your interests are compared to thousands of individuals who report being happy and successful in their jobs. Your personalized report identifies your optimum career choices based on your interests and includes additional related occupations with concise job descriptions.
- Go to https://online.cpp.com.
- password is “marion1971”
- There is NO user ID required.
- Respond to every item, work quickly answering the questions as spontaneously as possible. Don’t think about how you “should” answer the question. The right answer is how you most accurately feel about the answer. (Stress your “interest” and not your “ability level” for topics).
- After completing the assessment click CONTINUE at the bottom of the page.
- AFTER you have completed the inventory, contact the Office of Career Services at MTC, 1467 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Marion, Ohio 43302 or call 740 389-4636 ext 365 to set up an appointment to receive and review your results. You may also send e-mail to email@example.com. Distance appointments to review your results with a career counselor are available over the phone or online through Skype.
- You will need to pay the Strong Interest Inventory fees before receiving your results
What does it cost?
The Strong Interest Inventory is offered to MTC prospective students, students and alumni through The Office of Career Services. The computer-based assessment costs $ 5.00 for students and alumni and $10.00 for non-students and takes approximately 35 minutes to complete. Make checks payable to Marion Technical College or pay directly at the MTC Business Office in the Technical Education Center.
To receive more detailed information on MTC Works! call 740.389.4636 ext. 317, 365, or 249 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax 740.725.0081