The curriculum is comprised of core office information, business, management, and communications courses.
Students will gain computer skills involving Microsoft® applications and Web design; this certificate is an ideal stepping stone into many of MTC’s associate degree programs.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
What am I expected to learn?
- Communicate effectively both in writing and orally with co-workers, customers, managers, and end-users.
- Perform mathematical calculations related to the office environment.
- Recognize and solve problems through analysis, evaluation, and synthesis, to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate good work habits, effective interpersonal and teamwork skills, and a high level of professionalism.
- Use technologies to evaluate business problems and apply software applications to record, analyze, and present information.
This is a two semester curriculum comprised of core office information courses and studies in business, management, and communications. Credits earned can apply to an associate’s degree.
- MTC Application for Admission and nonrefundable applicable fee.
- Final high school transcript (or GED results) and college transcripts (if applicable).
- Successful completion of the Basic Skills Assessment ACT or COMPASS and Technology Skills Test (TST) is required. Or, students may complete College Foundation courses.