Fall 2017 New Student Orientation
“Getting to know MTC” will help you become more familiar, comfortable and successful at Marion Technical College by introducing you to various campus services, procedures and contact people. Attending this orientation will help you get off to a great start at MTC and hopefully answer your questions as the big “start-of-classes” day approaches. We hope you are able to join us for this important program. If you are unable to attend and would like an orientation overview, contact; Lance Clark 740.389.4636, Ext 383 Bryson Hall (BR) Room 183
Who can attend?
- New Students
Departments Presenting/ Information provided:
• Student Resource Center
• Financial Aid
• Campus Security
• Student Activities
• Library Services
• Career Services
• Diversity Program
• Email and Learning Services
• Disability Services
• introduce you to faculty, staff and other students.
• give you success tips.
• provide a tour of campus to learn where your classes meet, where to get a student ID, and how to order books.
• provide an opportunity to meet other new students in your area of study.
• last about 2 hours.
Location – The Student Resource Center at MTC is located in Room 183 in the Bryson Hall Building (BR).
The facility includes offices, tutoring and testing areas, audio/visual equipment storage, and various forms and resources.
The Student Resource Center is open Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Important Dates Now through August
- Fall Semester Registration Begins July 3
- Financial Aid Application Priority Deadline
- August 10 Last Day to Pay Fees by 5:00 p.m.
- August 22 New Student Orientation
- August 21-25 & August 28-September 1 Financial Aid Used at On-line Bookstore
- August 28 Fall Semester Classes Begin
- September 1 Last Day to Add a Class
- December 16 Last Day of Fall Semester