Prepare students for entry level work in the growing field of automation and robotics.
While the emphasis of the coursework is on robotic's and PLC's, the addition of several mechanical courses produces a more well-rounded technician, and creates a seamless transition into the Associate of Technologies Study in Robotics and Automation Technology.
Students in the program will learn …
- To program and trouble shoot PLC's.
- To program, maintain and troubleshoot robotics.
- To read mechanical prints, and electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- To size and select mechanical fluid power componments used in mechanical power transmission.
- Entry Level Maintenance Technician/Associate
- Entry Level Automation Sytems Design and Installation
MTC Application for Admission and nonrefundable applicable fee.
Final high school transcript (or GED results) and college transcripts (if applicable).
Successful completion of the Basic Skills Assessment (Accuplacer) and Technology Skills Test is required. Any College Foundation courses suggested by Accuplacer results are also required.
- Accuplacer math score of 41 or above required to take the first mathematics course in the engineering program.
To receive more detailed information please send an e-mail to the Office of Admission at email@example.com.