What Is Mechatronics?
Mechatronics is the combination of various engineering disciplines (specifically involving mechanical, control & electronic systems, and computer networks) taught to create a more well rounded technician who will ultimately design and manufacture useful products.
The Program - Mechatronics Technician
Prepare students to install, repair, and maintain a wide variety of communications equipment and interconnectivity components in both internal network structures and outdoor settings.
Students in the program will learn …
- To perform routine maintenance
- Installation (involving electrical, mechanical and control systems)
- To work in a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing Associate
- Maintenance Technician
- Entry-level Mechatronics Technician
Learn more about Mechatronics II Certificate.
To apply for acceptance into the Industrial Electrical Maintenance Certificate program at MTC, applicants must have:
- MTC Application for Admission and nonrefundable applicable fee.
- 2.Final high school transcript (or GED results) and college transcripts (if applicable).
- 3.Successful completion of the Basic Skills Assessment (COMPASS) and Technology Skills Test is required. Any College Foundation courses suggested by COMPASS results are also required.
- 4.COMPASS math score of 41 or above required to take the first algebra course in the engineering program
Transfer students to MTC must qualify in accordance with current admission criteria.
If required, Foundation Courses are available to help you meet any specialized program admission requirements.