Post Secondary Enrollment Options
Complete placement tests (COMPASS/ASSET) or submit ACT
NOTE: Some course have a minimum placement test score in order to enroll in the course.
- Seniors - minimum 2.5 high school GPA (4.0 scale)
- Juniors - 2.75 high school GPA (4.0 scale)
- Freshmen/Sophomores - minimum 3.5 high school GPA (4.0 scale) with a recommendation
- In accordance with PSEO legislation, high school students may enroll in full-time or part-time coursework. In most cases, students will be attending part-time in addition to their high school studies.
- The student is expected to maintain a “C” (2.0) accumulative grade point average at MTC in order to continue enrollment.
- High school juniors and seniors attending MTC may select from two options due to the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Legislation.
- Option A. Students may elect to receive college credit only (sometimes referred to as Concurrent Enrollment).
- Option B. Students may elect to receive high school and college credit.
Note: Upon request it is possible to receive high school credit under "Option A".
- Students who enroll under “Option B” and their parents/guardians should be aware that if a student does not complete a course because of formal withdrawal or because of poor attendance, the cost of the course, including books and required materials may be charged to the parents/guardian.
- All courses completed under PSEO Legislation must be designated as “College Level” (1000 level or above). “Brush-up courses” (below 1000 level) may be completed at MTC while still enrolled in high school under PSEO Option A or Concurrent Enrollment. The PSEO Option A offers additional opportunities, such as Concurrent Grants and summer quarter enrollment.
- After high school graduation, appropriate college credit is applied to the student's degree program upon enrollment in Marion Technical College. Credit may also be transferred to other colleges and universities.
- Due to amended House Bill 282, students must have a "B" average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) in a specific High School subject area, if the student plans to enroll in college courses of the same subject area. (For example, students should have a "B" average in high school algebra courses, in order to enroll in college algebra courses). The provision does not apply to unrelated subject area.
- For additional enrollment information click here (link to “Enrollment Procedures” page).
Scroll down to “PSEOP-Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program”.
1467 Mount Vernon Ave.
Marion, Ohio 43302