The Marion Campus Public Safety Office is committed to providing quality law enforcement, security, emergency management planning, and other public safety services to enhance a safe and secure environment. Please become familiar with all campus public safety information.
We work closely with the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, Ohio State Highway Patrol, The Ohio State University Department of Public Safety, and other local emergency responders. Emergency numbers and other helpful information to assist the students, faculty, and staff on the Marion Campus can be found on the Emergency Contact Information page.
Anyone with public safety comments, questions, or suggestions can contact the Marion Campus Public Safety Office at 740-725-6300. If you have an emergency, dial 911.
Getting help for sexual assault
Take steps right away if you have been assaulted:
- Get away from the attacker and find a safe place as fast as you can.
- Call 740-725-6300 if on campus or 911 if off-campus.
- Call someone you trust or a hotline, such as the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-4673.
- To protect evidence, do not clean any part of your body, comb your hair, or change clothes. Try not to touch anything at the crime scene.
- Go to your nearest hospital emergency room right away. You need to be examined and treated for injuries you may not even know you have.
- Ask to be screened for sexually transmitted infections and for emergency contraception to help prevent pregnancy.
- The hospital also can collect evidence that the attacker may have left behind. It’s best to collect evidence as soon as possible.
- Discuss filing a police report. If you are not sure if you want to file a report, ask hospital staff if they can collect evidence without filing a report.