Every organization needs people who know how to fully utilize computer software applications.
It is estimated that the average computer user knows how to use less than 10% of the features in a software application like Microsoft Word or PowerPoint. Knowing how to take advantage of the power of software applications can make you a valuable part of any organization!
MTC’s Office Information Technology program focuses on today’s multi technology-enhanced office environment, and offers students the opportunity to focus on specialized options in medical office. Students will learn to utilize information management tools, software applications, and business skills to manage situations in today’s dynamic office; streamline the collection and reporting of data sources to assist in making sound business decisions; support “help desk” operations; learn to produce, manage, and enhance materials for distribution via Internet and intranet.
The Office Information Technology Program's technical courses are offered only in an online format.
Want more information about MTC’s Office Information Technology Program?
Just click here to send an e-mail request.
A student who earns an Office Information Technology Degree from MTC will know how to:
- Apply administrative skills to effectively organize and manage work time and priorities.
- Use e-technologies to evaluate business problems and apply software applications to record, analyze, and present information.
- Demonstrate good work habits, effective interpersonal and virtual team work skills, and a high level of professionalism.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and orally with co-workers, customers, and managers.
- Manage finances including bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking.
- Perform mathematical calculations related to the office environment.
- Use record control systems to streamline information management.
- Integrate administrative and technology skills in making business decisions and performing business functions.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and apply legal, social, and ethical responsibilities.
- Develop, design, and maintain Web pages.
- Showcase organizational skills by producing a portfolio.
- Prepare for employment in office information career.
College Credit for Certified Administrative Professional® (CAP®)
For individuals entering the Office Information Technology program with the Certified Administrative Professional® (CAP®) and Certified Administrative Professional – Organization Management specialty (CAP-OM) credentials, MTC will automatically award proficiency credit (CAP maximum award - 22 credit hours; CAP-OM maximum award - 25 credit hours) for the following courses:
- ACC1400 Financial Accounting I
- BUS2150 Legal Environment of Business
- ENG1000 English Composition I
- ENG1100 English Composition II
- ECN2000 Microeconomics
- MGT1400 Introduction to Management
- MGT2410 Organizational Behavior (CAP-OM only)
- OIS1200 Computer Basics
- OIS1280 Records and Data Management