The Office Information Technology Program's technical courses are offered only in an online format.
The MTC Office Information Technology program focuses on today’s multi technology-enhanced office environment, and offers students the opportunity to focus on specialized options in medical office. Students will learn to utilize information management tools, software applications, and business skills to manage situations in today’s dynamic office; streamline the collection and reporting of data sources to assist in making sound business decisions; support “help desk” operations; learn to produce, manage, and enhance materials for distribution via Internet and intranet.
Degree Associate of Applied Business
Two-year full-time degree schedule; mixture of computer skills courses with studies in business management, marketing, and communications.
Students may earn an Associate of Applied Business in Office Information degree 100% online at Marion Technical College. The required courses in the Office Information curriculum are offered online spring and fall semesters and a student who enrolls full-time may complete the degree in two years. This program is offered to qualified students who must be college ready in reading, writing, math; have Internet access, and Microsoft Office®.
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Help Desk Technician
- Information Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Software Support Specialist
- Technical Office Assistant
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
What am I expected to learn?
- Apply administrative skills to effectively organize and manage work time and priorities.
- Use e-technologies to evaluate business problems and apply software applications to record, analyze, and present information.
- Demonstrate good work habits, effective interpersonal and virtual team work skills, and a high level of professionalism.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and orally with co-workers, customers, and managers.
- Manage finances including bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking.
- Perform mathematical calculations related to the office environment.
- Use record control systems to streamline information management.
- Integrate administrative and technology skills in making business decisions and performing business functions.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and apply legal, social, and ethical responsibilities.
- Develop, design, and maintain Web pages.
- Showcase organizational skills by producing a portfolio.
- Prepare for employment in office information career.
College Credit for Certified Administrative Professional® (CAP®)
For individuals entering the Office Information Technology program with the Certified Administrative Professional® (CAP®) and Certified Administrative Professional – Organization Management specialty (CAP-OM) credentials, MTC will automatically award proficiency credit (CAP maximum award - 22 credit hours; CAP-OM maximum award - 25 credit hours) for the following courses:
- ACC1400 Financial Accounting I
- BUS2150 Legal Environment of Business
- ENG1000 English Composition I
- ENG1100 English Composition II
- ECN2000 Microeconomics
- MGT1400 Introduction to Management
- MGT2410 Organizational Behavior (CAP-OM only)
- OIS1200 Computer Basics
- OIS1280 Records and Data Management
- MTC Application for Admission and nonrefundable applicable fee.
- High school transcript (or GED results) and college transcripts (if applicable).
- Successful completion of the Basic Skills Assessment ACT or COMPASS and Technology Skills Test (TST) is required. Or, students may complete College Foundation courses.