Provide business support services to managers, utilizing concepts of accounting, personnel and resource management, awareness of consumer behavior, and business planning.
The two semester curriculum is comprised of established core courses that provide direct training for management support position; the curriculum is comprised of management, business, computer, and communication courses.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
What am I expected to learn?
- apply interviewing skills to employ and leadership skills to train, supervise, evaluate, and motivate employees
- apply administrative skills to effectively organize work, manage time, and set priorities
- effectively use interpersonal skills to lead and manage a diverse group of people
- demonstrate the use of the steps in the sales process and prepare an effective sales presentation
- use appropriate computer software to solve business problems and to create documents that enhance effective communications
- use the problem-solving method to solve ethical dilemmas, customer concerns, and business problems
- develop a marketing and/or sales plan incorporating new product ideas and strategies
- demonstrate methods for effectively leading a workplace team, and for being an effective team member
- MTC Application for Admission and nonrefundable applicable fee.
- High school transcript (or GED results) and college transcripts (if applicable).
- Successful completion of the Basic Skills Assessment ACT or COMPASS and Technology Skills Test (TST) is required. Or, students may complete College Foundation courses.