Behind Every Successful Organization is an accounting department that helps the organization maximize revenue, minimize expenses, and ensure the bottom line is healthy so that the organization can flourish.
Students who earned an Associate of Applied Business Degree from Marion Tech are working as accountants, finance managers, business owners, bookkeepers, and office managers. MTC accounting graduates can also continue at a four year college and earn a bachelor degree.
Want more information about Accounting at MTC? Just click here to send an e-mail request!
What Will I learn? The accounting program is developed by experienced accounting faculty with input from a local group of business professionals. Students who successfully earn an Associate of Applied Business Degree in Accounting will know how to:
- prepare financial reports
- compare and use financial statements for decision-making purposes
- identify, analyze, and summarize financial data
- prepare budgets and forecasts for financial decisions
- explain the purpose and standards for an independent audit
- apply generally-accepted accounting principles, concepts, methods, and processes that provide for the accuracy and integrity of financial data
- prepare individual and corporate federal, state, and local income tax returns and reports
- demonstrate an understanding of fund accounting procedures
- establish and maintain internal control systems
- exhibit ethical behavior in performing accounting functions
- analyze and utilize cost information for job order and process cost control
- evaluate business problems and apply software applications to record, analyze, and present information
- demonstrate an understanding of business and commercial law
- use business mathematics to solve problems
- write and speak clearly and effectively using standard English
- identify the basic economic principles of a modern economy
- prepare and deliver effective oral presentations