The MTC Adult Student Accelerated Program (ASAP) offers a unique way for working adults to fit earning a college degree into their busy lives. And having a degree can contribute to earning more money and having greater opportunity for professional advancement.
What Degree Programs Are Available?
Currently Marion Technical College offers ASAP options for Business Management. Remember - this is an Associate Degree program.
Why Is This Program Different?
ASAP students earn an associate degree in about two years – the same time it takes a full-time student to complete the same degree. The difference is:
- Students meet just once a week in a traditional classroom setting.
- Classroom instruction is on the same day of the week at the same time for the entire program, allowing students to plan work and family schedules.
- Between the weekly classes, students complete coursework online, on their own schedule.
- The curriculum is taught one course at a time.
- Students learn in an interactive, team-based learning environment with the same group of students - a cohort - for the entire time they are enrolled.
What Does It Take To Succeed?
In order to earn an associate degree in an accelerated format, students are committing to a challenging program. To be successful, a student must make a personal commitment to attend all classes, work independently between class sessions, and complete all assignments in a timely manner. In addition to participating in four hours of classroom instruction each week, students are expected to spend about 20 hours a week in self-directed learning, using the Internet and e-mail to complete work. For example:
- A part-time student (the traditional adult student) enrolls in 8 credit hours in the traditional format (two classes). This means the student must attend class 8 hours per week and spend an additional 8-12 hours per week on homework.
- An ASAP student attends class only 4 hours per week and will spend an additional 15 – 20 hours per week online and working on homework.
For More Information:
If you are interested in ASAP, but may be unsure you can meet these requirements, please contact us. We will help you work a plan that will help you become a successful student and, very soon, an MTC graduate. To begin, click here to print the ASAP Application . You can also fill out the MTC Application online by clicking here.